Interaction: Particle Models & Density
ANNOUNCEMENT: REVIEW FOR QUIZ ON DENSITY FEB 11th (A,C,G,H) /12th (E)
Other Review Materials:
1) Density of Cylinder Discussion Questions on Classroom (with answers on slideshow in Google drive shared docs folder)
2) Density Notes and Interaction (slideshow) in shared docs folder
3) Click on the picture to start your review for the quiz with “Find Someone Who”. The answers are the orange picture below (don’t look at those until you try answer the questions on your own first!)
Homework (from class on Feb 4/5): Answer “Big Idea” in Google Classroom for Density of Cylinders Activity DUE Fri, 5th for G,H DUE Tue, 9th for A DUE Wed, 10th for C, E
Homework (from class on Jan 28/29): none (just be reviewing notes)
Homework (from class on Jan 26/27): 1) Finish Oil, Water, Alcohol line graph (see checklist below)- Due start of next class
2) Write response to Google Classroom question –Due start of next class (**H Block does not have this as HW)
Homework (from class on Jan 15/18): Work on particle model and explanation for Drops on a Coin (in Google Classroom). You will have about 25 minutes to finish it during next class so you don’t need to finish it for homework. (Due Tue,19th for Blk A,G,H/// Due Wed, 20th Blk C,E)
ASSESSMENT**FINAL DRAFT DROPS ON COIN PARTICLE MODEL DONE IN-CLASS Thur 21st A,C,G,H & Fri, 22nd E**
Homework (from class on Jan 12/13): Revise particle model and explanation (Due Thur,14th for Blk A,C,G,H Due Fri, 15th Blk E)
Your model diagrams must include (check-list):
- The drawing
- simple (2D), clear lines
- A key and/or labels
- A descriptive title
- Ex) The Relationship Between the Particle Representation and Various Observations of Oil, Water, and Alcohol When Mixed in a Graduated Cylinder
- Optional- color coding, additional “zoom-in”, before/after
- An explanation (how the drawing relates to your observations)
- picture and words should match
- Ex) I drew the __(ex-oil)___ particles ___(ex- bigger)__ (describe how you drew the particle: size/shape/#/spacing/ movement) to explain my observation that __(ex) oil stays separate when the liquids get shaken up__ (describe observation) because ____(ex- bigger particles can’t fit into smaller spaces)______(explain reasoning).
- The drawing
Sentence Frames for Revising Models:
If Add to the Model:
- We added (describe what you added) because (evidence from activity, reading, discussions, or other groups’ hypotheses).
- We think _____________________ supports our model, but it also tells us that _______________ should be added to make it even more accurate.
If Revise the Model:
- We changed (description of what you changed) because (evidence from activity, reading, discussion with other groups).
- We used to think _____________________, but now we think _____________________, because ____________________.
- We think __________________________ contradicts ______________________ in our original model because ______________________________________.
- We are wondering about (part of model) because ____________________________________________.
- We think that if we knew ______________________________, it would help us explain ______________________________.